3-5 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 21 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Information I Collect
In order to fulfil your order, I need certain information from you (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also need to provide me with additional personal information (such as family names for my personalised advent calendars) which you can include in the checkout notes or if you contact me directly.
Why and how do I use your information?
I collect, use, and share your information:
• to fulfil your order, provide customer support or settle disputes;
• when you provide explicit consent to sign up to my mailing list via my website or request to be added directly in a message to me or at an event;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Trusted third party service providers such as Royal Mail or Parcelforce to deliver your order. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Compliance with laws.
I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I deem it is necessary to: (a) respond to a legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases.
• Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I can delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information, you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Louise Ambrosi, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at [email protected] Alternately, you may mail me at:
Louise Ambrosi, Sew Sofia, 5 Haddon Way, Loughborough LE11 2UE, Leicestershire, England
Personalised and customised items are non refundable. For custom items where fabrics have been obtained especially for your order, a pattern has been upscaled or downscaled to a custom size, a pattern has been modified or a bag has been created to your personal specification or personalised with a name cannot be returned for a refund as these are one of a kind products made just for you! Please ensure that you are completely happy with a custom bag description before you make payment.
My bags are handcrafted with the greatest care using high quality materials, interfacings and metal hardware. Never overload your bag with heavy items as this will cause wear and tear, spoil the shape of the bag and put a strain on the strap. Do not immerse my bags in water, or a washing machine! The layers of special interlining, interfacing and lining could displace or shrink in the wash and any metal hardware will become damaged. For fabric bags only: spot clean with a mild soap solution. Touch up any creases with an iron on a low setting. For bags with faux leather or laminated (wipe clean) fabric:Spot clean with a mild soap solution. Wipe clean gently with a soft damp cloth. Do not iron!
I only work with high quality laminated cotton (also known as slicker) from well known, mainly US fabric manufacturers. I keep a small selection of prints in stock which you can view at the following link. I can also source a few other wipe clean prints locally in (within the UK). https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.366530856715299.73176.243387722362947&type=3
I keep a very small selection of cotton prints in stock at one time but will consider ordering in locally (within the UK) for custom bags. If you would like some help with choosing a fabric, drop me a message with your preferred colours/style and we can take it from there. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.306389109396141.62988.243387722362947&type=3
I wrap my products in brown paper, tissue paper or bubble wrap depending on the item and use strong polythene mailing bags to ensure the parcel is waterproof. Larger bags will be packaged in a sturdy box. If you wish to send an item directly to someone as a gift, let me know and I will wrap it in pretty tissue paper and be sure not to include an invoice or price details with their parcel.
Sew Sofia is not responsible for customs duty or brokerage fees on international orders. These will have to be paid by the customer where applicable.
If an item is returned to me by the Royal Mail as unclaimed I will contact you to arrange for the item to be redelivered as soon as possible. Please respect that if such a situation occurs there will be an extra charge for postage to cover the cost of resending the item for you.
Sew Sofia cannot be held responsible for items lost once they have been handed to the Royal Mail for delivery both in the UK and when being posted to overseas locations. I will always obtain a certificate of postage to trace delivery of goods.
Jun 5, 2020
My little grandson is going back to school and this great little wipe-clean pencil case helped him come to terms with the change. He loves anything under the sea related. It came quickly and is well made. Thank you.
Mar 31, 2020
Gorgeous as always